Overview of Ministries
Our van is on the move from 6am to the late hours of the night, on a mission of mercy, faith, hope, and love to hospitals, clinics, chemical & mental health treatment centers, VAMC, schools, job’s, and training centers.
Never Again, Prison Ministry
Never Again, Prison Ministry is a part of our housing services program for ex-offenders. Participants must be ready to make changes in their life, by being accountable. We work with the Minnesota Department of Corrections to help build a network of support for those released. We can provide support and housing until we help him with a job or career.
OIF Dream Center provides 46 single occupancy bedrooms, and supportive care for those in need of Board & Lodging. Our residents come from the streets, treatment centers, hospitals, jails, or prison to discover a place to begin a new life by the Grace of God.
Overcomers International Fellowship is always in need of mentors to work with our residents. A mentor is someone who imparts wisdom to and shares knowledge with a less experienced colleague. We are looking for people who can coach, counsel, teach, or model successful behaviors. What role they play depends on their abilities and their mentoree’s needs. In short, mentoring is about building a relationship, and the nature of the relationship depends on the individuals involved. Mentors should be willing to make a minimum commitment of one year, and to invest a minimum of eight hours per month.
Our Veterans are not the forgotten at OIF Dream Center. We meet the needs of homeless veterans that come into our program by providing housing, meals, support groups, rides to their appointments, shelters and/or other transitional housing providers.
We also network with case managers to work with our hero’s of freedom.
During the fall season, each Saturday morning from 9:30 to 11:30 am, teams of compassion from the Dream Center and volunteers or Church groups will visit our neighborhood.
Spiritual Fishing Retreats
Pastor Laidlaw takes our residents on fishing adventures that double as spiritual retreats. This allows for the communion of nature and faith which results in the men experiencing a renewal of dedication and a clearer understanding of their personal path to success.
A Ministry of Hospitality that Changes Lives
Our Mission is to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, provide care for the prisoners, minister to the sick, and shelter the homeless (Matthew 25:34-40) while enhancing the spiritual well-being of each individual who is seeking restoration. Our Ministry provides...
- Christian Teaching from the Holy Bible
- Recovery Support Groups
- One on One Christian Spiritual Counseling
- Praise and Worship Services
Our Hospitality provides a caring, safe haven for those who are seeking hope and fellowship. We offer a program of restoration and recovery and also host recovery seminars, conferences, and educational workshops.
Together these programs offer hope for restoration through the power of the grace and love of God, Holy Spirit, and the Bible.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Praise & Worship Services
Spiritual Growth - OIF Sunday Morning Prayer Meeting and Worship Service
As a multicultural ministry, touching Heaven and changing earth through powerful Christ-centered worship and Biblical preaching. Where the Word and spirit of God is experienced and lived, where the very atmosphere resonates with His love. We are impacting our community reaching out in redeeming love and liberating power, to you, come and worship with us.
OIF services are held at 529 16th Ave. North. Please join us for our praise and worship service every Sunday at 10:30 a.m. Arrive early to participate in our 10:00 prayer meeting just before the service.
It is our heart's desire to serve you with the Love of God. If you have any special prayer requests or needs, we would be honored to hear from you.
If you haven't had the opportunity yet, we would also like to invite you at this time to get to know Jesus.
Prayer: 10:00 A.M.
Worship Service: 10:30 A.M.
School of Ministry: 6:00 P.M.
Never Again Group: 6:00 P.M.
Path A.A. Group: 6:00 P.M.
Directions to Overcomers International Fellowship - Dream Center
Statement of Faith
The following Comprise the Scriptural Beliefs of OIF Dream Center
The Holy Scriptures:
We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the inspired Word of God. The Scriptures are inerrant, infallible and God-breathed. The 66 books of the Old and New Testament are the complete and divine revelation of God to Man for our time.
The New King James Version & King James Version (Revised Edition) of the Bible are translations used by OIF in the following sections.
(2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:20-21)
We believe that the Scriptures interpreted in their natural, literal sense reveal divinely determined dispensations or rules of life which define mankind’s responsibilities in successive ages.
Three of these dispensations—the law, the church, and the kingdom—are the subjects of detailed revelation in Scripture. (Gen. 1:28; 1 Cor. 9:17; 2 Cor. 3:9-18; Gal. 3:13-25; Eph. 1:10; 3:2-10; Col. 1:24-25, 27; Rev. 20:2-6)
We believe in one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—each co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, coequal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections. (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14; John 14:10, 26)
The Person and Work of Christ:
1. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary in order that He might reveal God and redeem mankind. (Isa. 7:14; 9:6; Luke 1:35; John 1:1-2, 14; 2 Cor. 5:19-21; Gal. 4:4-5; Phil. 2:5-8)
2. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross as a representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice; and, that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead. (Acts 2:18-36; Rom. 3:24-25; 1 Pet. 2:24; Eph. 1:7; 1 Peter 1:3-5)
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven, and is now exalted at the right hand of God, where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate. (Acts 1:9-10; Heb. 9:24; 7:25; Rom. 8:34; 1 John 2:1-2)
The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit.
1. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third Person of the God Head. He is the Spiritual Agent baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption. (John 16:8-11; Rom. 8:9; 1 Cor. 12:12-14; 2 Cor. 3:6; Eph. 1:13-14)
2. We believe that He is the divine Teacher who assists believers to understand and appropriate the Scriptures. (Eph. 1:17-18; 5:18; 1 John 2:20, 27)
3. We believe that God is sovereign in the bestowal of spiritual gifts to every believer. God uniquely uses evangelists, Pastor(s), and teachers to equip believers in order that they can do the work of the ministry. (Rom. 12:3-8; 1 Cor. 12:4-11, 28; Eph. 4:7-12)
4. We believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, such as speaking in tongues, the gift of healing, and all other gifts.
The husband is to love his wife as Christ loves the church. Children are a heritage from the Lord. Parents are responsible for teaching their children spiritual and moral values, and leading them through consistent lifestyle examples and appropriate discipline. (Gen. 1:26-28; Ex. 20:12; Deut. 6:4-9; Ps. 127:3-5; Prov. 19:18; 22:15; 23:13-14; Mk. 10:6-12; I Cor. 7:1-16; Eph. 5:21-33; 6:1-4, Col. 3:18-21; Heb. 13:4; I Pet. 3:1-7)
We believe that we should demonstrate love for others, not only toward fellow believers, but also toward both those who are not believers and those who oppose us. We are to deal with those who oppose us graciously, gently, patiently, and humbly. God forbids the stirring up of strife, the taking of revenge, or the threat or the use of violence as a means of resolving personal conflict or obtaining personal justice. (Lev. 19:18; Matt. 5:44-48; Luke 6:31; John 13:34-35; Rom. 12:9-10; 17-21; 13:8-10; Phil. 2:2-4; 2 Tim. 2:24-26; Titus 3:2; 1 John 3:17-18)
God's Plan of Salvation
The Bible says there is only one way to Heaven
"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me." John 14:6
You can not be saved by good works
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
Trust Jesus Christ Today!
1. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried, and rose from the dead
2. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
3. "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners. Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
4. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9
1. Through prayer, invite Jesus into your life to become your personal Savior
2. "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:10
3. "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13
What to pray:
Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to turn from sin. I now invite Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Savior.
"But as many as received him, to them gave the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:" John 1:12
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17
If you just accepted Jesus as your savior, please let us know and we will be happy to help you with your next step.